Christmas.... Desk Style
©08 The Media Desk
Yeah, OK, this is what the Desk got from Mrs. Desk, who seemed to want to see it answered....
.... consider it answered.
And, oh, by the way, the Desk IS NOT Mr. Scrooge, nor has it ever played the gentleman on TV. thank you
Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends and family. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be SCROOGE!!! Just copy this entire email and paste into a new e-mail that you can send with the changes in answers so that they apply to you. Then send this to a whole bunch of people you know, INCLUDING the person that sent it to you......Tis the Season to be NICE!
- Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both are expensive but recycle equally well.
- Real tree or Artificial? For what, be specific now, if you want to know which I'm willing to haul in and decorate, say so.
- When do you put up the tree? Put it up as in "into storage for next year"?
- When do you take the tree down? I've been known to leave lights in an outdoor tree for three years, then cut the tree down.
- Do you like eggnog? Do I have to make it?
- Favorite gift received as a child? No idea.
- Hardest person to buy for? Probably the Pope, I mean really, what would you buy for His Holiness? You know, does he really need a tie or a coffee mug? Either him or the Queen... think about it.
- Easiest to buy for? Yourself.
- Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. Several. And? So?
- Do you send cards or email cards? I have been known to, but it is usually a Business Reply Card and I write stuff to the mail room on them.
- Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Anything that generates an ongoing bill or requires feeding.
- Favorite Christmas Movie? The Longest Day
- When do you start shopping for Christmas? To answer would imply that I did 'shop' period.
- Ever recycled a Christmas present? I've also recycled Christmas Questionaires.
- Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? [This answer deleted because this site is rated "PG".]
- Lights on the tree? Do you mean shining on the tree like one of those old spotlights with the rotating color wheel on it?
- Favorite Christmas song? "Won't be fooled again" by The Who
- Travel at Christmas or stay home? For more years than I can count I usually worked on Christmas Day, but I'd get paid time and a half or double time for it.
- Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dancer, Comet, Sneezy, Legolas, Haldeman... is that seven?
- Angel on the tree top or a star? Did you hear the one about the dog and the dancing monkeys?
- Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning? I usually don't wrap until the night before... sometimes that morning.
- Most annoying thing about this time of the year? "This time of year" hell, Wal Mart started putting out Christmas in August!
- Favorite ornament theme or color? "Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" ... the WW2 song about a Navy chaplain.
- Favorite for Christmas dinner? Am I cooking it?
- What do you want for Christmas this year? "I'd like to work for world peace" failing that... think Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey.
- Who is most likely to respond to this? People that have the Charlie Brown Christmas show memorized.
Back to the Desk's Humor Page